Cauliflower is getting a lot of love lately these days especially in the plant-based and carb free (or low carb) communities. It is so versatile and easy to cook as pizza crust, cauliflower rice, cauliflower mashed potatoes and burger buns. Take your Taco Tuesday up a notch by trying this delicious Cauliflower Taco Recipe with a flavourful Mango Salsa. It is even better with the Avocado Cream Sauce but sometimes when I don’t feel like adding that extra step I just add cubed avocado’s to the salsa. You guys know that it’s all about making each dish work for you and enjoying the process.
This summer my sister made me a mango salsa bowl and I had previously created a yummy roasted cauliflower bowl and one day I decided to pair the two. That is how this recipe came together. This is one of my biggest tips for avoiding food ruts and keeping things fun and fresh in the kitchen. Don’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to new recipes, take something that you know you like and add a small spin on it to make something familiar but new.
This dish below can easily be turned into a Buffalo, Mexican, or Teriyaki cauliflower wrap.
Love cooking with cauliflower because it adds a lot of nutrients to this meal:
- Part of the cruciferous vegetables family which naturally aids the body in detoxification
- Great source of fibre which can help with blood sugar regulation and elimination
- Good source of antioxidants
- High in Vitamin C & B
- Low in carbs and calories, this can help with weight loss
- It’s basically a nutrition power house
The mango salsa is refreshing and adds so much flavour to any meal so if you have any leftovers get creative on how you can repurpose it into another bowl, wrap, salad or as a side. Repurposing leftovers is another one of my tips on how to keep things fresh and easy when it comes to meal prep and healthy eating. I tossed my leftovers on mixed greens with some roasted chickpeas and a little feta cheese for a new easy meal.
This blog is a huge passion of mine because I Love sharing tips on how to simplify healthy eating and healthy living. The free recipes that are shared must taste great, if you want my free 5-day plant-based recipe guide grab it today and join our mailing list for even more freebies.
At last here is the recipe you guys were asking for from the summer enjoy!
Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Salsa
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
1-2 cauliflower heads (2-4 cups), cored and cut into 2-inch florets
1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 teaspoon chili powder
dash of salt and pepper
1 ripe mango, peel and cut into bite sized cubes
¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
½ red pepper, diced
½ yellow pepper, diced
½ cup corn
Juice from 1 lime (2-3 tablespoons)
2 ripe avocados
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice from one lime (about 2 tablespoons)
dash of salt and pepper
1 package of wraps or lettuce wraps
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat the oven to 475 F .
2. Toss cauliflower with oil and chili powder and spread out on baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then cover with aluminum foil, and roast 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is deep golden and charred edges. Stir half way through roasting.
3. Meanwhile make mango salsa by adding diced mango, peppers, corn, and cilantro to a small bowl. Juice one lime and drizzle over mango salsa. Add a dash of salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a small blender or food processor make avocado sauce by combining avocado, minced garlic, juice from 1 lime and a dash of salt and pepper.
5. Assemble tacos in lettuce wraps or wraps by spreading avocado sauce on bottom adding cauliflower and topping with mango salsa.
Note – Option to add in favourite protein source – can add edamame to salsa, add cooked tofu or chicken.
By adding lime or lemon juice to the avocado this stops it from browning so quickly. So if you ever use only have an avocado or part of one simply cover the top or exposed green part with a little bit of citrus juice.
If you make this recipe I would love to hear what you think in the comments below or don’t forget to tag me in your picture @pam_rocca on Instagram. As always sharing is caring, if you know someone who would love this recipe I would so appreciate you sharing it with them.
Thanks so much for being here and for your continued support visiting the website, making the recipes and being apart of this wonderful Community. I am really grateful.
Happy Meal Prep Sunday,