As Valentine’s day is quickly approaching why not try out this Best Ever Edible Raw Chocolate Cookie Dough recipe? It is a healthier alternative to chocolate and it contains nutrients that actually fuel your body.
Chickpeas are amazing because when you blend them up they create a really creamy texture. Chickpeas are part of the legume family, so they contain protein, and fibre as well as other vitamins and minerals. They are also low in sugar making them the perfect base for this delicious healthy treat. Since they have protein and fibre they help to keep you fuller longer and don’t cause a blood sugar peak and crash like most chocolate and sweets. Sugar is known to harm your gut microbiome, so I love to share recipe that you can enjoy that actually nourish your gut microbiome and still taste like a treat. Chickpeas are a plant-protein source and have soluble fibre so they benefit your digestive tract. Soluble fibre can also increase the number of healthy gut bacteria in your gut microbiome making this treat a win-win.
Cacao powder is loaded with nutrition and is less processed than cocoa powder. It contains fat, protein, fibre, potassium, iron, magnesium, and a bit of calcium. Again, having fat and protein with fibre keeps you satiated longer and avoids the dreaded blood sugar spike and crash. Often times when you eat real whole foods as a nourishing snack, studies show people tend to eat less when compared to processed snacks that are filled with empty calories (meaning nutritionally dead). So why not take the 5 minutes it takes to whip this up for yourself or your loved ones this Holiday.
You can absolutely have your cake and eat it too, just make a better cake that nourishes your body from the inside out. Dig into this recipe when celebrating this Valentine’s day. It’s peace of mind to know exactly what’s in your food and that it is providing the body nutrients.
Healthy eating does not have to be hard, it can be really simple and still delicious. If you know someone who would enjoy this recipe, I would so appreciate you sharing this with them. If you want to live a more Sugar-Free lifestyle check out my Sugar Detox in 10 day Cookbook: https://amzn.to/3Hnksnn
Here is another amazing book check out my Friend Julie Daniluk’s Becoming Sugar Free Cookbook: https://amzn.to/36xPZ9i
This recipe is:
- so yummy
- kid approved (family approved)
- really simple to make
Best Ever Edible Raw Chocolate Cookie Dough
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 (16 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter (I prefer all-natural nut butters)
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a strainer under water, pat dry with clean tea towel or paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place chickpeas in a large food processor. Add in peanut butter, cacao powder, and honey.
- Blend until mixture combines well (no chunks) and resembles chocolate cookie dough.
- Enjoy as is or serve topped with your favourite ingredients like: strawberries, walnuts, coconut flakes or dairy free chocolate chips.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days, option to roll into bite sized balls and coat with coconut flakes or crushed nuts. This recipe can be put in the freezer as well so you can pull out and enjoy when you need it.
- Make this recipe vegan by using pure maple syrup or apple butter instead of honey
- Make this recipe nut-free by using sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of nut butters.
If you make this recipe I would love to hear what you think in the comments below or tag me in your photos over on the socials @pam_rocca.
As always sharing is caring, if you know someone who would love this recipe I would so appreciate you sharing it with them.